Sunday, August 5, 2012

Love Potion No. 9


Number 9 is here!  That's baby number 9 for my cousin and his wife!  Can you imagine?  Anyway, I have been working on Number Nine's quilt for the past few weeks.  And now it is finally finished just in time for the baby's arrival this morning!  I made this quilt using Vintage Modern Mini Charms from Bonnie and Camille as well as white and red 2 1/2" squares in order to create the Disappearing Nine Patch blocks.


The finished quilt measures 36" X 52."   It is squishy perfectness!  Well, it's not perfect.  Some of my squares didn't match up perfectly, but hey, it's a handmade gift made with love!
  




I quilted using my free motion foot.  This was only the second time I have done this, but I find it kind of relaxing.  Once you get into a "groove," it's fun and easy!



Number 9 has been the most intricate and detailed quilt I've completed thus far.  It was frustrating at times, but I am proud of myself for designing the quilt and figuring out all the MATH involved in order to calculate how much fabric I needed as well as how to actually construct the blocks.  Considering this is literally the NINTH quilt I've made, I think I'm doing alright!

Congratulations to Matt and Stephanie!  You are great people and great parents!  Best wishes to you and your family, including little Number 9!

Blog Signature Pin It

9 comments:

Linda said...

I love it!!You did an amazing job! Congrats to your family and little #9!!

BelleSouth said...

I think it is quite lovely! :)

Fiona said...

Beautiful quilt, Angela! I'm sure #9 will love it.

Congratulations to the parents too!

Cassandra and Alex said...

Oh dear god. NINE children?? Whew! I'm so gobsmacked by that, I can't even comment on your amazing quilt! ;) (Actually, I can... it's stunning!)

Cassandra and Alex said...

OMG...so cute! You are a quilting machine!
–Cassandra

Cyndi said...

A.W.E.S.O.M.E., Angi! I LOVE your Number Nine quilt. I think you did a beautiful job and I'm sure your cousin and his wife are thrilled with it. And congratulations to them on their newest addition to the family....nine children...no, I cannot imagine it, but I'm happy for them! :o)

XOXO,


Cyndi

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to
protect against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked
hard on. Any suggestions?

my page: chloe バッグ

Unknown said...

air max, longchamp, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, burberry, cheap oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, nike free, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, prada handbags, michael kors, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, longchamp pas cher, tory burch outlet, sac longchamp, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, christian louboutin outlet, prada outlet, louboutin shoes, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, nike roshe run, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, ugg boots

Unknown said...

ugg pas cher, moncler, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, hollister, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, ugg boots uk, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, pandora charms, karen millen, canada goose outlet, moncler, bottes ugg, juicy couture outlet, replica watches, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, canada goose outlet, swarovski, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, moncler, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, links of london, louis vuitton, coach outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, juicy couture outlet