Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ocean Waves Quilt: DONE!


Here is my finished Ocean Waves Quilt!  I'm in love with it!  It is difficult to capture how delicate the colors are in a photograph.  I used batiks from the Ocean Waves Fat Quarter Collection I got from Fat Quarter Shop.  Hop over and have a look at the entire collection!


I used a darning foot on my machine and did a meandering quilting design.  I've never done this on such a large scale before.  I had to practice a bit first.  I used invisible thread on my quilt, but I used white on my practice pieces.



I was intimidated at first, but once I got in a "groove" I felt great.  I think it turned out pretty nice and will definitely be meandering my way through my next quilts!  


  


I cannot wait to finish redecorating my bedroom!  I will be hanging this quilt on the wall opposite my bed.  It's going to look awesome!

I hope you all have had a fantastic weekend and wish you all a terrific week!   


Blog Signature Pin It

7 comments:

Heather said...

it is so beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished bedroom!!!!

I hope you are cooling off now. Today is the first day of relief from super high 90s and low 100s. It is only 82 degrees today.

Heather

Cassandra and Alex said...

Gorgeous! I love your color choices but I especially love the pattern itself. One of these days I may have to start quilting too - although, for now, I'll leave that to Cassandra. :) - Alex

DeeDee said...

You rocked this!!
its beautiful Angi

Linda said...

Your quilt is perfect...I just love the colors! I have a quilting foot on my machine and I'm still trying to get the hang of it...I think I need more practice!! Happy Monday!!

Cassandra and Alex said...

Oh! I have fear of that meandering pattern. You need to write some more on that adventure please! –Cassandra

Rosemary said...

This is so lovely, what a pretty quilt and love the finish.

Unknown said...

ugg pas cher, moncler, moncler, canada goose, pandora charms, hollister, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, ugg boots uk, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, pandora charms, karen millen, canada goose outlet, moncler, bottes ugg, juicy couture outlet, replica watches, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, canada goose outlet, swarovski, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, moncler, wedding dresses, canada goose, moncler, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, moncler, canada goose, links of london, louis vuitton, coach outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, juicy couture outlet